Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Wednesday, February 21


Advisory -- 

Greek/Latin Roots

Life, Light, Love

Writing Prompt - 

Newsela Article -- Template

Wednesday Reading Group

West African Civilizations

  1. Journal Entry 5: Doc E

Samurai's Tale


Read aloud--  Chapter 2
This is a difficult chapter. Use the questions below to check for understanding.
Chapter 2 “The Journey to Kofuchu”
  1. Why does Taro wish he were a fly?
  2. “I repeated my command, for I was still the bushi’s son and she my little servant.” (p. 10) What does this quotation show the reader about Taro?
  3. What does the bullying soldier force Taro to do?
  4. Once they arrive at Lord Akiyama’s mansion, where is Taro taken?
Vocabulary -  Show me you know page 1 -- How do you show you know the meaning?  

  • bushi  
  • ruthless
  • submissively 
  • riff-raff

Complete at Home (Homework)

KBAR 2 hours this week and RL
Complete Journal Entry 5
Samurai's Tale Vocabulary Due Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment