Friday, September 2, 2016

September 2, 2016

Warm Up:

Answer this in your journal.  About how many minutes did you read this week outside of class?   What book(s) did you read?  About how many pages or chapters from each book?
Why do you love/hate this book? Why should someone else read it? What would make it better? What would you have done in the same situations?

Sentence Frames:
I read _______minutes from the book _________ and ___ minutes from The Giver.  In _________ I read 8 small chapters, while in The Giver I read 4 chapters.

I really love my free choice book because....  
I think that people who like ________ should read this book because ...
One thing that I would change ...
In the book _________ the main character ______ faced a (conflict, scenario, situation) and she reacted by .......
If I faced the same situation I would have ....

Turn on the Vocabulary

Study for the quiz.


The Giver

Chapter 1 through 4 discussion question

After reading Chapter 4 in The Giver, what do you think of Release now?

Complete Chapter 1 through 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment