Friday, September 9, 2016

September 9

Today in History 

 1776 1776 Congress officially renames the country as the United States of America (Was the United Colonies).


This weekend marks the 15th anniversary of the sudden and deliberate attacks on the United States.  I remember where I was on 9/11/2001.  I was a first year teacher who arrived to work early and would watch the news as I prepared for my day. I watched as the attacks unfolded and became sad that someone would do such a thing.  The memories haunt me to this day.  As we look at the world in history, we need to celebrate what brings us together and not what divides us.  Your generation is the future and it is through peace that our society will flourish.  
Our schedule for today

Study vocabulary - Do you know the word, can you use it in a sentence?

Turn in vocabulary

Quiz

Claim, evidence, summary for How interconnected was the world in 300 CE?


Counselor Visit

The Giver chapter 5 and 6 response

Next week:

Tone/mood/setting  
Rome
Narrative Writing
SRI
Monday drop your backpacks off and head to MPR -- AM Class

No comments:

Post a Comment