Monday, March 16, 2020

March 16

Day 1 of school closure:


Students and families,

I will be posting information on this site regularly.  The goal is to connect with students frequently.

Mr. A


Living History Blog Example

Friday, March 13

Today was a bit stressful.  The sports world had canceled or postponed so many things, that I was certain school was going to be next.  I took my students to the library for a Women's history lesson and I encouraged all students to check out 2 books as I felt this could be our last trip.

At lunch, I found out that Los Angeles and San Diego had both closed for extended breaks.  I listened to our county health officer and she did not recommend a closure at this time.  I kind of felt that maybe we could push on until Monday.

At 3 O'Clock, I heard the news that we were closing.  I felt sad.  I enjoy teaching, and I feel that my students have really grown as individuals this year. 

March 16

I went to school today.  I was happy to see that students will be provided with meals at many schools.  The 7th-grade humanities team met and we planned on the curriculum to help keep students connected. 

As I looked around my classroom, I see lots of great examples of student work.  I noticed that the city was pretty empty on my drive in.  I stopped for coffee at my usual spot and the regulars were not all there.  It is slowly sinking in that my daily routine will change for the time being, but I am keeping a positive attitude and exercising a bit.





No comments:

Post a Comment