Monday, March 23, 2020

March 23 Week 2 of the COVID Closure


Introduction

I hope that we adjusted to the reality of distance learning.  I know it has been a challenge for families and the world has thrown so much at you in a short time.  

From my perspective, I have to figure out how to teach a curriculum that moves our students forward, while keeping in mind that this can be a huge stressor for them. I am a parent also, and I have to adjust to my kids' homework, a limited amount of bandwidth, and longer lines at the grocery store.  

If you need a book and have a library card you can check out a digital book following this link.

Audible is also offering free audio books by following this link


7th Grade Students

This week we are continuing our study on the Maya.  To that end, I am using a hyperdoc with a series of tasks for students to complete.  We started this last week, but some students needed more time to adjust.  The hyperdoc and the assignments are posted in Google Classroom.

Then in writing, students are continuing to write a living history journal that is also found in Google Classroom.

In reading there is a short story by Ray Bradbury and students need to read this week for 2 hours from a book of their choosing.

8th Grade Students

Create Blog Post 4
Watch the Jackson video today and then start the assignment "Should Andrew Jackson be on the $20?


No comments:

Post a Comment