Wednesday, March 18, 2020

March 19

Day 2 of distance learning

Hello LOMS Families,

Thank you so much for checking in yesterday.  Yesterday, in my household it was not easy.  I have two high schoolers with a whole lot of work to do.  The sophomore at MBHS needs a science book, but we live in SLO, so I missed out today.  Also, my internet died Tuesday night and I spent almost 8 hours working with Spectrum techs to get it up and running.  Speaking of Spectrum, it is true that they are offering free wifi for families like you who are affected by school closures.  The hold time is a bit high, but once they get started the process goes pretty smooth.

After we finished our homework and chores our family battled it out with a game of Risk.  I am not sure what we will do today for fun, but each day we are on a schedule.

8:00 My kids should be up
9:00 to 12:00 S
12:00 to 1:00
1:00 PE
2:00 Complete school work and read
3:00 to 5:00 Social Time
5:00 is dinner then family time


Today, continue working on the task list, and I will add updates every so often.  For today's journal entry, kids should let me know if they heard about the county-wide "shelter in place."  I am curious what their take is on that.

Thursday Task List Summary Grade 7

Living History Blog - Google Classroom
Read for 30 minutes and Log it on Google Classroom
Thank You, Ma'am, read and respond -- Google Classroom
Does Kindness Matter paragraph -- Google Classroom
Go Beyond with Mayan Notes -- Student-created on paper or digital

Grade 8
Living History Blog 2
Missouri Compromise Exit Ticket for those who haven't completed it



Don't forget that I will have office hours from 10 am to 12 pm, and during that time I will post a link on Google Classroom so that I can communicate through video conferencing.

Email me if you have history or English questions.  pangel@slcusd.org
Get lunch at the school closest to you from 11:00 to 1:00.
Email Mr. Blum or Mrs. Dinielli if you need a Chromebook kblum@slcusd.org
Email Ms. Baca for social/emotional support. dbaca@slcusd.org



No comments:

Post a Comment