Friday, March 20, 2020

March 20

Day 3 of distance learning

Hello LOMS Families,

I would say day 2 was a bit more productive.  I did a zoom chat with about twenty students from 10 to 12.  I saw that many 7th graders got a good start on the required learning for the day.  By the end of Friday, you should have completed a minimum of two living journal posts each plus 90 minutes of logged free-choice reading.  In addition, you will complete a graphic organizer on the Mayans and create a paragraph or flip grid in which you answer the following question: What was the most remarkable achievement of the Mayans?  Be sure to give a claim, evidence, and reason for your opinion.

What did I do with my closure Thursday? I did a little bit of exercise on the Bob Jones trail, a short run to the beach.  I did a little work, and I hope to watch Frozen 2 with the kiddos.

Yesterday, I shared my family's schedule, and I will leave that up for one more day.

8:00 My kids should be up
9:00 to 12:00 academic time
12:00 to 1:00
1:00 PE
2:00 Complete school work and read
3:00 to 5:00 Social Time
5:00 is dinner then family time


Today, continue working on the task list, and I will add updates every so often.  For today's journal entry, kids should let me know if they heard about the county-wide "shelter in place."  I am curious what their take is on that.

Friday Task List Summary Grade 7


  • Check-in question on Classroom
  • Living History Blog - Google Classroom
  • Read for 30 minutes and Log it on Google Classroom
  • Read about Mayan achievements 6.2.4 Legacy of the Maya
  • Explore the Living Maya Time Smithsonian website.  (Focus on: “The Maya and the Sun”, “Maya Math”, and “Sun, Corn, and the Calendar”  All are under “Maya Sun”). Graphic organizer to post in Google Classroom Friday morning.   
  • Complete living history blog post week #1 (in Google Classroom) 
  • Make a flipgrid post or write a paragraph.



Task List Summary for Grade 8

Living History Blog 3
Missouri Compromise Exit Ticket for those who haven't completed it



Don't forget that I will have office hours from 10 am to 12 pm.  I am hoping to have a special guest at 10:30.  WE shall see.

Email me if you have history or English questions.  pangel@slcusd.org
Get lunch at the school closest to you from 11:00 to 1:00.
Email Mr. Blum or Mrs. Dinielli if you need a Chromebook kblum@slcusd.org
Email Ms. Baca for social/emotional support. dbaca@slcusd.org



No comments:

Post a Comment